Dynamic Product Tags - or something like that?

So Im putting together an inventory reference/cost library for commonly-used products/materials for our construction projects. I intend to tie this library into our estimating tool once completed and want to find a way to better integrate stand-alone items vs. system components. You can see below in the far-left column that each row has it's own ITEM ID and, on the last two columns, you'll see whether that item is stand-alone or a system component. Id like to be able to find a way that IF an item is a system component, then when I click into the far-right row, it'll highlight the other items called out (IA0003, IA0004, IA0005). Im not sure if this is even possible or not but Im just looking for ways to better tie components together when they're part of a larger system. Does that make sense?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @mproudfit

I hope you're well and safe!

Interesting!

Not sure I follow.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Andree, thanks for the reply. I think Im honestly looking for more of a true database functionality but my goal is to be able to comprise "systems" from individual "components" as labeled within that sheet. If, for instance, I have an IA0006 component and it's part of a "system" including IA0003,4,5 then when I click on the far right cell, Id love for the other "components" to highlight within the page - in a similar fashion to how referenced cells highlight when you click into a formula.

Does that make sense?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@mproudfit

Happy to help!

Yes, that would be a fantastic feature, but not possible now, but it might be possible to create something similar with a workaround, like a checkbox.

Would that work/help?

I'd be happy to take a quick look.

Can you maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s)? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• I just sent an invite over to you. It's currently just filled with dummy information so nothing confidential at this point.