Need assistance on #Invalid Operation result

Options

I'm trying to create a formula in a parent row to return the most common value of its children (High, Medium, or Low) and keep getting an #Invalid Operation error

If there are equal or more highs than mediums or lows, the parent status should be High.

If there are equal or more mediums than highs or lows, the parent status should be Medium.

If there are equal or more lows than mediums or highs, the parent status should be Low.

=IF(AND(COUNTIF(CHILDREN(), "High") >= COUNTIF(CHILDREN(), "Medium"), >=COUNTIF(CHILDREN(), "Low")), "High", IF(AND(COUNTIF(CHILDREN(), "Medium") >= COUNTIF(CHILDREN(), "High"), >=COUNTIF(CHILDREN(), "Low"))), "Medium", IF(AND(COUNTIF(CHILDREN(), "Low") >= COUNTIF(CHILDREN(), "Medium"), >=COUNTIF(CHILDREN(), "High")), "Low"))

I also tried to add for it to return a N/A status if none of that is true and it came back with an #Unparseable error

=IF(AND(COUNTIF(CHILDREN(), "High") >= COUNTIF(CHILDREN(), "Medium"), >=COUNTIF(CHILDREN(), "Low")), "High", IF(AND(COUNTIF(CHILDREN(), "Medium") >= COUNTIF(CHILDREN(), "High"), >=COUNTIF(CHILDREN(), "Low"))), "Medium", IF(AND(COUNTIF(CHILDREN(), "Low") >= COUNTIF(CHILDREN(), "Medium"), >=COUNTIF(CHILDREN(), "High")), "Low", “N/A”))

What am I doing wrong?

Tags:

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!