How to block the date in a sheet to the creation day only?

Hello everyone!

I hope this question has not already been asked, I did not find it on the forum. I have a sheet linked to a form that generates data for me. The form is used by employees and in my sheet the date of creation of a new entry is automatically generated. My problem is that when I "play" in the lines of the sheets, as soon as I modify something the date changes. Is there a way to avoid updating the date column when something in the rest of the line is changed?

Thank you for your help,

P.S. - Sorry for any spelling mistakes, english is a second language for me.

Karl

Tags:

Best Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Karl Abran

I hope you're well and safe!

Make sure that you've added the System Column, Created (Date). It sounds like you've added thee Modified (Date) instead.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Sam M.
    Sam M. ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Karl,

I wanted to ask, what type of column type do you have on your date?

It might be that you have an Auto-number/system column that is on Modified (Date) on the date column, that type of column changes the Date when you modify something on the row.

For testing you can create another column and put a Created (Date) type column from Auto-number/system and it must tell you when it was created and it doesn't change.

Hope it helps,

Samantha

Answers