Automation Workflow Alert someone Contact List Multiple contacts

First Question: Use Case: Automated workflow that alerts multiple contacts in a single contact list cell

I'm a licensed user with system admin permissions on an Enterprise Plan.

I've built an automated workflow to alert/notify someone (send to contacts in a cell). The contact list has been ,configured to allow multiple contacts in the cell. However, the automation is not sending the alert to all contacts in the cells. Has anyone been successful in building a similar workflow? Is this possible or is this a bug/defect?

Second Question: Use Case: Automated workflow that alerts multiple contacts from different contact list cells and combines in a single email notification.

Again, I'm a licensed user with system admin permissions on an Enterprise Plan.

I've built an automated workflow to alert/notify someone (send to contacts in a cell). The contacts are derived from multiple contact list cells (eg. separate contact list for sponsor, separate contact list for project manager, separate contact list for requester, etc.) However, I'd like the automated workflow alert/email notification to combine all contacts on a single email message so all contacts are included in the same email thread. Facilitates "reply all". Is this possible?

Thanks much in advance for your responses. Karla B.

Tags:

Answers

• Supporting pic for Second Question: Ability to include both contacts in the cell on a single email notification. Currently, automated workflow is sending separate emails to both contacts.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/18/21

Hi @Karla Bumann

I hope you're well and safe!

Please see my answers/comments below.

First Question: Use Case: Automated workflow that alerts multiple contacts in a single contact list cell

I'm a licensed user with system admin permissions on an Enterprise Plan.

I've built an automated workflow to alert/notify someone (send to contacts in a cell). The contact list has been ,configured to allow multiple contacts in the cell. However, the automation is not sending the alert to all contacts in the cells. Has anyone been successful in building a similar workflow? Is this possible or is this a bug/defect?

[Andrée Starå] Are you testing/sending it to yourself?

If yes, first, make sure that you have allowed yourself to receive notifications properly in your Personal Settings (circle/profile in the upper right corner), and secondly check the Permission setting for the Automations. (cog in the top right corner in the Automation overview)

Second Question: Use Case: Automated workflow that alerts multiple contacts from different contact list cells and combines in a single email notification.

Again, I'm a licensed user with system admin permissions on an Enterprise Plan.

I've built an automated workflow to alert/notify someone (send to contacts in a cell). The contacts are derived from multiple contact list cells (eg. separate contact list for sponsor, separate contact list for project manager, separate contact list for requester, etc.) However, I'd like the automated workflow alert/email notification to combine all contacts on a single email message so all contacts are included in the same email thread. Facilitates "reply all". Is this possible?

[Andrée Starå] You can combine them together, but unfortunately, it's not possible to have them added so you could use "reply all" now, but it's a great idea.

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.