Group by in Report

I am building a Report.

Why would one of my metrics not show up as an Option to Group By? Very frustrating?

Answers

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

That is odd. Are there values in the column that match in multiple rows?

• Actually, I dug deeper here in communities... it's a multiple select metric. That's why it will not show up in my choice to group by. I fixed that... but now I'd like to create a chart just on the TOTALS in my report... Smartsheet says that feature is coming Soon.

• Thanks for the prompt input! 😊

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You're welcome! Glad you got it figured out.

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

To chart your totals you can use the Contains formula in conjunction with a countif to get a total.

=COUNTIFS([Column Name]:[Column Name], Contains("Metric Name", @cell))

Just replace "Column Name" with your column name and remove the brackets if your column header is one word and doesn't end in a number. Then switch out "Metric Name" with the metric you are actually looking for.

• To chart my Totals in my Report?

"To chart your totals you can use the Contains formula in conjunction with a countif to get a total.

=COUNTIFS([Column Name]:[Column Name], Contains("Metric Name", @cell))

Just replace "Column Name" with your column name and remove the brackets if your column header is one word and doesn't end in a number. Then switch out "Metric Name" with the metric you are actually looking for."

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

No you can chart them in the same spreadsheet or a different one. By counting the data. Then you can either create a dashboard with that metric or share it in a new sheet.