Why are my workflows issuing multiple notifications?

Options

I have about 7 flows running on an incoming request sheet. when the approval is requested only one email is sent out, but if the request is declined, the end user gets 7 decline emails.

Best Answer

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Yvette

You say you have ~7workflows running and on decline the end user gets 7 declined emails? May I assume that each of your 7 workflows are sending the declined email and not 7 emails from the one workflow that was declined? (If unsure, the footer at the bottom of the emails refer to the workflows-it is always a good practice to title your workflows - and it helps with exactly this kind of troubleshooting)

If possible, a screenshot of your workflow (perhaps 2 of them) would be helpful. I believe you need to add a condition to your decline logic path to differentiate a decline from workflow A from a decline from workflow B, etc.

cheers,

Kelly

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Yvette

You say you have ~7workflows running and on decline the end user gets 7 declined emails? May I assume that each of your 7 workflows are sending the declined email and not 7 emails from the one workflow that was declined? (If unsure, the footer at the bottom of the emails refer to the workflows-it is always a good practice to title your workflows - and it helps with exactly this kind of troubleshooting)

If possible, a screenshot of your workflow (perhaps 2 of them) would be helpful. I believe you need to add a condition to your decline logic path to differentiate a decline from workflow A from a decline from workflow B, etc.

cheers,

Kelly

• Yvette
    Yvette ✭✭✭
    Options

That was exactly it. I forgot to set conditions on the decline workflow. Matching the conditions eliminated the messages

• Joshua H
    Joshua H
    edited 02/06/24
    Options

@Yvette @Kelly Moore I have the same issue. I do have conditions in mine but can you expand as to how I can differentiate it in order to just have one email go out for the decline vs. 9 in my case? I could not decipher from what I need to do in order to get to that 1 notification. My workflows are all titled differently and my workflow IDs are different in all 9 of them based on footer.

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey @Joshua H

You have 9 different workflows. Is there anything in the sheet that begins to differentiate these workflows from one another? Some approval that one has that another does not, or a date field that might be filled out. These become the differentiators to put in the Condition section. What conditions do you have in the initial workflow? See if adding those same conditions to the Decline workflows will fix the problem.

If adding the conditions doesn't fix the problem, is it possible to show me an original and Decline workflow of 2 different workflows?

Kelly

Kelly