Viewing end date offset on the Gantt?

Original Message:

Bonjour,

Je souhaite pouvoir visualiser sur le Gantt le décalage (le retard ou l'avance) entre la date de fin initialement planifiée et la date de fin réelle (qui peut évoluer au cours du projet). Est-ce possible ? je n'ai pas trouvé dans les différents tutoriels comment faire. Je vois comment afficher l'historique sur une date mais je voudrais pouvoir la visualiser sur le Gantt ou éventuellement d'une autre manière.

Merci pour votre aide

Cordialement

Translated by a Moderator via Google Translate:

Hello,

I want to be able to see on the Gantt the time lag (delay or advance) between the initially planned end date and the actual end date (which may change during the project). Is it possible ? I have not found in the different tutorials how to do it. I see how to display the history on a date but I would like to be able to visualize it on the Gantt or possibly in another way.

Thank you for your help

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

At this time, only one set of dates can be displayed per row on a Gantt chart. I will dig through my notes, but there is a way to copy the original plan to get the base dates and then reference both the copy and the working sheets in a report to have each line item "stacked" in the report similar to

Row 1 Base

Row 1 Actual

Row2 Base

Row 2 Actual

• Dear Paul,

thank you for your answer. I already thought of this kind of ways to solve my problem but unfortunatly, as I have several hundreds of lines and severals collaborators, this solution is way too time's consuming and complicated. I thought, as it is possible to visualized the historical changings for a cell, that it is possible to extract this information and visualized it, do you have informations for that ?

Thank you again for your help and if you have other news from your notes I will really appreciate.

Cheers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Sébastien Sarramegna

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Paul's excellent advice/answer.

The Baseline workaround method Paul describes would be my solution as well now, but Smartsheet is working on a native Baseline feature, but unfortunately, I don't have a date for when it will be released.

The road ahead

These are all the new capabilities we made available at ENGAGE 2020. You can watch the full keynote (in English) to learn about our longer term plans and preview what you can expect from Smartsheet in the coming months, including enhancements to reports and dashboards, project baselines, and our plans with Brandfolder.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.