How to set the start of Q1 within the Calendar App?

Brian Chapin
Brian Chapin ✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

We have a really nice timeline view of our work using the Calendar App and it would be really handy to be able to display the Week Number or even view by Quarter.

However the interface doesn't seem to honor the the "Quarter Start Month" setting and always uses February.

I expect Q1 to be from Jan 01 to Mar 31, not Feb 01 to Apr 30 as pictured below.

Am I missing something here?

The data displayed is a report pulled from all of the active projects. Since it is a report, I don't seem to be able to access the project settings to set the fiscal year start to January.

The teams use grid view for most everything, so the Gantt charts are not displayed typically. When I do view them they all list January as the start of the fiscal year.

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Brian Chapin

I've asked our Support team to look into this as I believed the expected behaviour when you have 454 Calendar selected is to automatically have January as the start of the quarter.

I've tested in my own Calendar and I can replicate what you're describing - instead of January, the 454 setting adjusts my Calendar to always have February as the start.

In the meantime, can you de-select the two 454 options to the right of your settings ("454 Calendar" and "Default 454 Calendar", then try again? This should allow you to set the quarter start date to any month.

Cheers!

Genevieve

• Thank you, when I deselect the 454 options I do see the start of quarter working as expected.