Not able to Group a Report Using Fields in the Report

03/31/21
Answered - Pending Review

I have created a report and it's not letting me group the rows by PQE even though it's a field in the report

Tags:

Answers

• What do you mean by "it's not letting you?" The column name is not available in the Group selector? Did you scroll all the way down, sometimes fields get removed from the source, and then re-added.

• Maxine RobertsMaxine Roberts ✭✭✭✭✭

@James Keuning it's not available for selection the list I've been all of the way through the whole list and PQE is not showing as an option

• What is the field type? Single entry?

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Maxine Roberts

I hope you're well and safe!

Are you using the column for sorting? If yes, you can use the same column for both.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• Maxine RobertsMaxine Roberts ✭✭✭✭✭

@James Keuning It's a single contact type as I have other reports grouped using a field of this nature

@Andrée Starå I am well thanks hope you are also. No I'm not using the column to sort I just want it to group these entries together

• Debbie SawyerDebbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭

Seems very odd.

You can definitely group by a contact list datatype.

PQE is definitely in the report

Does it have any data in the column?

I don't think it is your Primary Column, but the Primary column appears in the grouping list as Primary Column and not the normal column heading that you have given it? Could it be that you have renamed the column in the report and are looking for the renamed name and not the underlying name?

I'd be more than happy to set up a zoom so you can show me the issue and we can see if we can sort it out?

Kind regards

Debbie