How do I restore a deleted row?

Is there a way to restore a section of the smartsheet if it is deleted? I have multiple rows that are missing and I want them back.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jonathan Segall

I hope you're well and safe!

Have a look at the Activity Log, and then you can try to recreate the structure from it.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Sarah Donnelly
    Sarah Donnelly ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jonathan Segall I had something similar happen to one of my group members. They thought they lost an entire section of a smartsheet or deleted it somehow unknowingly. When we looked further into it, they had left a filter active on their sheet (which they forgot they had used the last time they viewed the sheet). We turned off the filter and all the rows they were missing displayed again. My group member didn't need to use filters very often so it wasn't natural for them to check that function.

If that isn't the case for your sheet and the rows have actually been deleted by another user I'm not sure there is an easy way to 'undo'. Do you have an automatic weekly backup set to run? It might be a few days out of date but might get you close.

• Thank you both. It appears that one of my team moved some rows to another sheet. They have been restored, but I had about 20 rows that I lost. I ended up just putting everything back in manually for the 20 rows. I have locked a lot of the rows to help prevent this in the future.

Thank you,

Jonathan

• Sarah Donnelly
    Sarah Donnelly ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jonathan Segall I'm glad you were able to figure out what happened and restore the needed data.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Jonathan Segall

You're more than welcome!

Excellent!

Glad you were able to restore it.

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.