How do I get the duration to automatically calculate the days?

Best Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Connie roundcount ,

If you enable dependencies the sheet will automatically calculate duration in days.

To enable dependencies right-click on a header title and choose: Edit Project Settings. Click enable dependencies, set your start and finish columns and then Smartsheets will create your duration and predecessor columns for you and add them to the end of your sheet. 

Is that what you're looking for?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Connie roundcount
    Connie roundcount ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Yes, this is exactly what I was looking for.

I enabled the dependencies and it worked.

Thanks you!

Connie Roundcount

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Glad you found a solution. Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Connie roundcount ,

If you enable dependencies the sheet will automatically calculate duration in days.

To enable dependencies right-click on a header title and choose: Edit Project Settings. Click enable dependencies, set your start and finish columns and then Smartsheets will create your duration and predecessor columns for you and add them to the end of your sheet. 

Is that what you're looking for?

Mark

• Connie roundcount
    Connie roundcount ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Yes, this is exactly what I was looking for.

I enabled the dependencies and it worked.

Thanks you!

Connie Roundcount

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Glad you found a solution. Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Mark