Adding standardized attachment to auto-alert email

HI there,

I'd like to add a standardized attachment to an alert when a column is checked. I don't want to have to add this attachment to every line on the sheet, but want this attachment to go out automatically.

So to be clear, we use an intake process and use smartsheet to automate it. I want to attach an informational document to an alert to the person being onboarded in that intake process. I don't want to have to add that same attachment every time we receive an intake form, just to click a checkbox and have an auto alert email sent to them with the attachment. Is it possible to add an attachment to that email that was attached to the entire sheet or does it have to be line specific?

Thanks!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @criley08

I hope you're well and safe!

I recently did something similar in a client solution I developed.

If you use a Workflow with an automated Update Request combined with helper columns and a specific row with the attachment you want to send.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• No, I would still have to attach the doc to every row i want to send. That's annoying and exactly what I don't want to have to do. I just want to attach the darn doc to the sheet and have a workflow that sends an alert to a person with the doc attached.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@criley08

No, you wouldn't need to add it to every row, only the one that we'd trigger to send from, but it would have to be sent as an Update Request.

Make sense?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Kimberly Loveless
    Kimberly Loveless ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If you add the attachment as a sheet attachment and then go to the actions and select send it will give you a URL under where you can write a message.

If you copy this URL into your automated message the person receiving the message should be able to click the link and download the attachment.