Restricting access to one of two attachments

In our current workflow, there are two PDFs attached to a row which then automatically emails them to my boss. My boss needs access to both those two PDFs; however, after my boss enters his information, an automation forwards my boss's responses to personnel outside of the business. We want the outside business to have access to one of the two PDFs, but I can't figure out if there is a way to restrict access to the one PDF and not the other.

Help? Thoughts??

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Office of the Medical Director

I hope you're well and safe!

Unfortunately, it's not possible now to select access criteria to attachments, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• Add the attachments on different rows
    • Use a 3rd-party storage service

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thank you for the quick response. Unfortunately adding the attachment in a different row technically could be an option, but it would add extra steps that I'm not sure my boss would want to do.

I will submit as a product enhancement.

Thanks

Adrienne

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Office of the Medical Director

Happy to help!

There might be another workaround!

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi,

I have the same issue. I´m using a sheet (Gantt view) as a project plan which I need to share with several people. I add contracts which are related to the projects as attachments to the sheet. Some of them have sensitive information so I don´t necessarily want everyone to be able to access the attachments. I think that going forward I will simply keep those contracts on a shared drive with own permission settings. This way I can control the access to the shared drive individually. I would then add the link to the folders on the shared drive to my SmS sheet.

I would still recommend that SmS develops this further since it should be an easy fix with a big beneficial impact for us users/customers.