Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Milestone Dates

Hi - 

I'm trying to figure out a formula that will pull in the next milestone date into a report or sheet. I want to include the project name, the milestone name, and the milestone date. I don't want to see all of the milestones, just the next one that is scheduled. 

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

It would be great if you could create sets of filters to filter multiple items and then add another set filtered set of items.

Unfortunately, you might be out of luck -- As you start to filter items in your reports it will affect the entire report and frequently messes with your other results. What about a report that shows the next 30 days?  or a month at a time to limit everything? 

What about a report that shows the next 30 days?  or a month at a time to limit everything?  This would limit the number of milestones, but it would also limit the number of tasks that appear as well, to only those within the next 30 days. 

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You might also consider filtering your report up to the first milestone deadline... then you could adjust manually after that's past? This would give you every task up to the milestone. 

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Patricia,

Is the Project Name in the parent row of the Milestone?

Is there a compication to worry about for a past due, non-complete Milestone?

Would the earliest non-complete Milestone (whether the date was in the future or not) suffice?

Are there multiple project in the Sheet or only one?

I assume this is in a Sheet with Project Dependencies enabled.

I have some ideas but would prefer to see the sheet's structure to provide more info.

Can you provide a screen shot?

Craig

This discussion has been closed.