Using 2 or More Data Uploader Workflows for 1 Target Sheet

AWC Team
AWC Team
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi,

I've tried googling an answer but not found the right solution, I'm hoping the community can help. Is it possible to have two or more data uploader workflows feed into 1 target sheet. Currently, I have one Master Inventory Sheet that is fed by three external excel documents.

A majority of the data is updated daily via one direct upload via a workflow and then 5 supplemental columns are updated via cell links from 2 separate sheets. These sheets are updated via their own uploader workflows. I would like to have the three workflows simply update the same master and pick the correct column via mapping. However, when I attempt to do this via "merge" only the first workflow updates. The second workflow skips all rows.

Any solutions? I'm also going to attempt to just make a new source document via excel Power Query but it would be nice if there's an easy way to just pop some workflows in using Smartsheet.

Thank you!

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @AWC Team

Yes, you can have multiple Data Uploader workflows pointing to the same sheet, however, they cannot be executed at the same time. You would need to execute them sequentially, perhaps set them to run an hour apart?

Let me know if this works for you, or if the second and third workflows are still skipping all rows.

Cheers,

Genevieve