Automated reminder email to view a dashboard?

Is it possible to automate a periodic reminder email from within Smartsheet to go out to a project team or project stakeholders to view a dashboard to get the latest project status?

The email should include either a link direct to the dashboard, or the dashboard as an attachment.

Thanks!

Chris St. Louis| Project Manager for Strategic IT Initiatives |

Best Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Chris St Louis

Yes, you can do this by adding a workflow to your data or metric sheet. You can embed the url for the dashboard using either an Alert or Reminder workflow. I typically choose an alert workflow as my preference.

If you're unfamiliar with building workflows, click on the automation menu. Choose Alert Workflow from the menu. Add the name of the workflow. Choose when a date is reached as your trigger. Using the Custom field, select the re-occurrence frequency you desire. Add the recipients, either by emails or by choosing a contact cell. Complete your email message, embedding the url in the message text box. Be sure to click the MESSAGE ONLY link.

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey @Chris St. Louis

The only work around I can think of that approximates masking the url as text is to use something like tinyurl.com or equivalent that changes the url to different text. It's not quite the same but perhaps will look better.

Thanks for the good questions to add to the community.

cheers,

Kelly

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Chris St Louis

Yes, you can do this by adding a workflow to your data or metric sheet. You can embed the url for the dashboard using either an Alert or Reminder workflow. I typically choose an alert workflow as my preference.

If you're unfamiliar with building workflows, click on the automation menu. Choose Alert Workflow from the menu. Add the name of the workflow. Choose when a date is reached as your trigger. Using the Custom field, select the re-occurrence frequency you desire. Add the recipients, either by emails or by choosing a contact cell. Complete your email message, embedding the url in the message text box. Be sure to click the MESSAGE ONLY link.

• Thanks @KDM !

Just tested it with a notification to myself and it works perfectly!

The only tweak I would like is the ability to mask the URL as a hyperlinked word in my message - but for now this does what I was hoping to be able to do.

Thanks again!🙂

Chris St. Louis| Project Manager for Strategic IT Initiatives |

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey @Chris St. Louis

The only work around I can think of that approximates masking the url as text is to use something like tinyurl.com or equivalent that changes the url to different text. It's not quite the same but perhaps will look better.

Thanks for the good questions to add to the community.

cheers,

Kelly