Blank spreadsheet

A file was shared with me (with limited permissions), the owner set a filter to limit what can be seen of the file. However, when I go to view the spreadsheet I only see blank cells. I have no way of turning off the filter. What am I doing wrong?

Best Answer

• Heather Duff
    Heather Duff ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Joseph,

Do you know if the owner of the sheet set it up as a report? If it is a report and you cannot see the data, it's because you don't have permissions to see the underlying sheet.

The solution I have found to this is for me (as the owner) to create the report, then put the report on a Dashboard, and share the dashboard with the person. That way, I don't have to share the entire source sheet with them, but they can see the filtered data I want them to see.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Heather

Answers

• Heather Duff
    Heather Duff ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Joseph,

Do you know if the owner of the sheet set it up as a report? If it is a report and you cannot see the data, it's because you don't have permissions to see the underlying sheet.

The solution I have found to this is for me (as the owner) to create the report, then put the report on a Dashboard, and share the dashboard with the person. That way, I don't have to share the entire source sheet with them, but they can see the filtered data I want them to see.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Heather

• That worked, thank you for the help!

• Heather Duff
    Heather Duff ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Fantastic! Glad it worked for you.