How to allocate resources to a manager before true allocation is set?

I need to assign tasks to a manager so they can assign the resource to the tasks. These managers are also team members doing work. When assigning the to-be-assigned tasks to them, this skews their allocation. What would be the best way to pull this off. I was thinking that perhaps I need second Smartsheet account for the different purposes.

Best Answers

• Kimberly Loveless
    Kimberly Loveless ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Instead of creating a new Smartsheet account with new login credentials you could consider adding an additional column, "Manager to Assign" or something like that.

That way it wouldn't show in their count for the existing column.

Just a thought, though I am sure there are other ways to do it as well.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Sarah Franklin

I hope you're well and safe!

You can add placeholders by adding any email and invite it to Smartsheet, but it doesn't need to be confirmed so that it can be anything. Something like machine@domain.com.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

• Kimberly Loveless
    Kimberly Loveless ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Instead of creating a new Smartsheet account with new login credentials you could consider adding an additional column, "Manager to Assign" or something like that.

That way it wouldn't show in their count for the existing column.

Just a thought, though I am sure there are other ways to do it as well.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Sarah Franklin

I hope you're well and safe!

You can add placeholders by adding any email and invite it to Smartsheet, but it doesn't need to be confirmed so that it can be anything. Something like machine@domain.com.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.