Email box not popping up on app

My Team uses the webform to submit Field change orders. On the webform, a box will open to add the email address of where to send the FCO. We use this box to send to the customer, but on the mobile app, this box does not open up. Is this option available via the mobile app?

Above is the online webform

Note the email address box is not available on the mobile app

Answers

• Krissia B.
    Krissia B. Moderator

Hello @Philippe Hill ,

Upon further review & test on this topic, I confirm that this is by design. When the form is opened using the Smartsheet App on your phone, the email address box will not be available because you are logged into the app & Smartsheet will use that email address that's logged in as the default email address, hence why its only giving you the checkbox for "Send a copy of my responses."

If the form is opened using your phone's internet browser or without being logged in, the email address box will become available. See screenshots below for additional reference.

Form opened via Internet Browser/Not Logged into Smartsheet

Form opened using the Smartsheet App & Logged in on my phone.

Cheers,

Krissia

• Krissa,

Thank you for looking into this and I do understand that logging via the app would automatically send a copy to the user. However, we want to be able to send this FCO to the person that is authorizing the work. So the pop up box would have been the perfect solution.

I guess I figure out a workaround, but not sure why it could be available to uncheck as a default address.

I will post back once I figure it out.

Cheers,

Philippe

• Krissa,

I found the solution to my request!!!!

Create a "Contact" column and leave blank and allow multiple entries. The name of the column will be in the workflow.

Create a workflow as follows:

This will send a copy of the submitted form to the email addresses in the column of that row!

• Krissia B.
    Krissia B. Moderator

@Philippe Hill

Perfect! That's a great idea! I'm glad you were able to figure this out!