Productisation of solutions on Smartsheet

Options
Jim Edwards
Jim Edwards ✭✭
edited 04/20/21 in Smartsheet Basics

I'm seeking to build a Finance Solution via an (OEM type deployment) ontop of Smartsheets, productising the Intellectual Property for a Finance application. As part of productising the solution, there are a number of items that I'm seeking answers for and hoping that others in the community may have already addressed some of these.

Locking down the solution

1. IP theft – how do we stop other vendors/implementers from inspecting and/or copying our solution? Can/should we lock down, hide/supress and/or encrypt application components?
  2. Integrity – how do we best shield our end-users from the underlying application components configured on smartsheets so that they don’t inadvertently break the application?

Distribution, Support and Maintenance

1. Versioning – how do we version label our solutions and manage updates through a controlled configuration management/DevOps process?
  2. Packaging/Deployment – how do best package and deploy our Smartsheet template solution?
  3. Upgrades – how do we best deploy updates to existing templated application master data and calculations (eg, for bug fixes, regulatory (eg, tax laws) changes and functional updates)?

Comments

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/20/21
    Options

Hi @Jim Edwards

Hope you are fine, please call me in my Email and i will help you to prepare this application. because i need you to send some information and excel sheets.

My Email: Bassam.k@mobilproject.it

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Jim Edwards
    Options

Thanks Bassam - I don't need help building the application at this stage. I need to understand what design patterns and/or options existing to solve the questions I have in my thread above. If you can provide your experience/guidance on these, then perhaps we could look at engaging your services. Thanks, Jim