Weekly Alert function & Grouping of rows

anilkrag1984
anilkrag1984 ✭✭
edited 04/14/21 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello Community,

I am working on a data of approx 100 rows and this data is divided amongst 10 user, Manager of these 10 user is same. I have created a weekly alert to send the report to these 10 users of their accounts to get the status and their manager every Monday but it seems the alert is not generating the expected report as it simply grouping the 100 records and sending it to these 10 users and their manager.

Can anyone suggest the workaround for this, i have attached the screenshot which is received when alert runs every week.

I have inserted the Placeholder in the subject line but it seems after certain limit it doesn't work

And in the end it shows the message truncated due to length.

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @anilkrag77641

Hope you are fine, Please add a copy of your sheet or a screenshot (after removing or replacing any sensitive information). This will make it easier for me to provide the appropriate answer to your question.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @anilkrag77641

I hope you're well and safe!

Here's some more info about why it doesn't work to use placeholders for more than six rows.

Placeholders will generate separate notifications when using placeholders with Alert or Update Request actions in change-based workflows if six or fewer rows are triggered simultaneously. If seven or more rows are triggered at once, the custom subject and body will be removed.

As a possible workaround, you could use a recurring report instead.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Here in the attached Smartsheet the col PSS email is the user who will receive the alert and DC Leader Email.

As mentioned in my previous query 100 accounts belong to 10 PSS and DC Leader is same for all the PSS

• Hi Andree thanks for your response yes we can use report option to send recurring notification but the problem is all the user will be able to see each others data, Is there a way data can be sent as below-

User1 Cc his manager

User2 Cc his manager

User3 Cc his manager

and so on

This will resolve 2 purpose 1 seperate notification will be sent to each user and their manager will receive one notification at a time.

Please note manager is same for all 10 user.

Attached the Smartsheet screenshot for your reference

• Hi Can anyone update me on the above query please bit urgent