International Holidays

In MS Project you're able to apply a calendar to a specific task. I understand you can't do this in SmartSheet but I'm wondering how people get around that? We have to consider China holidays and we typically just apply a non working calendar to that part of the timeline so that we understand the delay. Surely there are others using SmartSheet who encounter this. What's best practice?

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Amy Rosenberg

In Smartsheet's Project Settings you can define additional non-working days, however these dates will be applied to the entire sheet (or entire Project). See: Define Working Days, Non-working Days, and Holidays on a Project Sheet.

You could potentially break out your Project into different sheets (one of which would have different Non-working days set up for the international tasks), then you could consolidate these sheets into one Gantt view through using a Row Report. However keep in mind you won't be able to set up dependencies across sheets.

An alternative would be to add in a Lag Day for those specific tasks and leave a comment on the row to indicate why there's an additional Lag. This would allow you to keep all tasks in one sheet and use dependencies across all tasks (see: "Lag Time and Lead Time" at the very bottom of Enable Dependencies and Use Predecessors).

I'd be interested to hear if other members have additional suggestions, too!

Cheers,

Genevieve