Sheet summary values not updating on dashboard

L_123
L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 04/15/21 in Smartsheet Basics

I'm having issues with fairly basic date based formulas not updating in a dashboard.

A sheet I have that has

7 Columns

23 Rows

0 Calculations on the sheet itself

and 3 basic formulas in sheet summary columns

1. =IF(COUNTIFS(Date:Date, TODAY(), Shift:Shift, "1st") > 0, "Green", "Red")
  2. =IF(COUNTIFS(Date:Date, TODAY(), Shift:Shift, "2nd") > 0, "Green", "Red")
  3. =IF(MAX(COLLECT(Created:Created, Shift:Shift, "3rd")) > MAX(COLLECT(Created:Created, Shift:Shift, OR(@cell = "1st", @cell = "2nd"))), "Green", "Red")

The sheet summary values will not update in the dashboard when users submit form entries without me manually going into the sheet and saving it, and even then it is still taking a while.

I'm starting to have quite a few speed issues with several of my smartsheets, but this one in particular is perplexing as I don't see any reason why this would ever have a problem updating. Is anyone else seeing these issues coming up?

I've submitted a ticket to the support center as well.

Answers

• Heather Duff
    Heather Duff ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @L@123 ,

I have not experienced that problem, but I'm sure it's frustrating! One workaround would be able to create a separate roll-up sheet with cross-sheet references to compile that summary data. Then you can have your widgets pull the data from the separate sheet. I have (so far) had no trouble with my roll-up sheets updating almost instantaneously, and updating on the dashboards just as quickly.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Heather

• I'm have a similar issue - Metric widget was reporting sheet summary data then started showing an error. The underlying data is still there. Now, I select the Sheet sheet summary data, hit OK, but can't proceed with setting up the widget. Perplexed.

• Marcela
    Marcela Employee

Hello everyone,

Appreciate your reports on the observed behavior. We've applied a solution for Dashboards and are keeping a close eye on the outcomes. For additional details or to stay informed, visit our Status page at https://status.smartsheet.com/.

Cheers,

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024🎉

October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• I am also seeing Summary values NOT updating on a dashboard. I must go into the sheet and save for the values to update on the dashboard.

How can I get what are supposed to be LIVE! metrics updating in real time as expected?

• Laurie Mason
    Laurie Mason ✭✭✭✭

@Marcela I am still experiencing this issue intermittently. Can you provide an update on the sheet summary data not updating on a dashboard? Looks like @Patrick Yaeger was still experiencing this last week also. Thanks.

• James Emge
    James Emge ✭✭✭

Same issue, have to go into the source sheet and get the symbol value column to update then link out to the reporting dashboard.

• Marcela
    Marcela Employee

Hello all!

Thank you for reaching out. The previous incident has been resolved. If you're encountering a new issue with Reports not updating on your Dashboard, please don't hesitate to contact Smartsheet Support. To expedite assistance, kindly provide your Report URL, a screen recording demonstrating the behavior, and the URLs of the source sheets involved. Our team will be ready to assist you promptly.

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024🎉

October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now