Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Staff Holidays

Options
Faye Rhodes
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hi,

Does anyone know a way of linking staff holidays with Smartsheet. I know how to set up public holidays but, want to see when individual employees holidays effect resource management?

Many thanks

Faye

Comments

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Faye

Assuming you are already tracking resources in your Projects then all you need to do is make sure your Holiday chart is also Resource enabled, then a Red man/girl will pop up if you over allocate that person in ANY sheet, be that Project Sheet or Holiday chart. 

By Clicking the icon you can review your resource commitments for that person and decide the best action. 

At any time you can review your Resources in Views. 

This means that sending someone to a conference for 3 days, if it inadvertently clashed with a holiday, you would know immdeiately. 

If you add Reports or filter by Teams you can add further detail, especially useful if the Resources list is large. 

If you would like to see a demo i can show you how this works. Let me know? 

Richardr SBP. We are also in the UK.

This discussion has been closed.