Why is an automated alert no longer working?

Options
2»

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @matt Pazzaglia

Since your workflows sometimes work then suddenly stop working, the only thing I can think of that would cause this behaviour is the 24-hour daily email notification limit based on your account type.

Keep in mind this notification limit comes from any notifications generated from Smartsheet (not just from your automated workflows), such as @mentions, sheet sharing notifications, etc.

This limit is set as a 24-hour time-block, which means that once you hit the email limit, as long as no email is attempted within the next 24 hours you should be able to send emails again after the block has been lifted.

Are you certain that there are no other actions taken across your account (such as @mentions) which could make you hit this limit on specific days throughout the week and pause your workflows?

• matt Pazzaglia
    Options

@Genevieve P I appreciate your taking the time to explain that. While your explanation makes sense, the thing I don't understand is why the notifications continue to come to one of the two emails? If the 24-hour time-block theory was correct, wouldn't all notifications stop and not just to one specific email? We continue to receive all other notifications and @mentions, just not this very specific automation to one of the two emails it is set to send to. ???

I also still have received no communication at all from Smartsheet Support. I have followed up my request twice now. Is there any way to get help from someone with Support?

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!