PDF Form to Smartshett

04/20/21
Answered - Pending Review

I would like to know if you can add a row in Smartsheet from a pdf form that would trigger the workflow. Also, can we leverage the docu-sign integration?

Answers

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Missy Pitcher

I hope you're well and safe!

If you use an integration or maybe the Smartsheet API, you could connect it, so the PDF adds a record to a sheet.

How would you want to use the DocuSign integration?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, [email protected])

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• Hi Andree, Thank you for responding. This is very helpful. The process would be as follows:

A person outside the organization would complete the pdf form --> a row would be created in the Smartsheet upon submit --> which would trigger the workflow for review and approval, in this approval process there is a signature required internally (docu-sign) --> once workflow is completed notification and documentation would be sent to the person who originally created the pdf.

@Missy Pitcher

Happy to help!

In short, we could probably structure a solution like this at the moment.

1. PDF connected to Zapier (new submission)
    2. Zapier connected to Smartsheet (new row)
    3. Manually trigger the DocuSign process daily/weekly

Make sense?

Would that work?

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• Thank you. Andree, that was very helpful.

@Missy Pitcher

Excellent!

You're more than welcome!

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!