context of a row deleted - no deletion activity is recorded in activity protocol

04/21/21
Accepted

Hi,

this is strange. The data in one row are deleted except comments and files.

When I look into the activity protocol I cannot see any documentation of deleted data.

This is spooky - isn´t it ?

Another two user told me a few days ago that the work of a half day was last since

entries in sheets have been vanished and cannot been recovered.

Is there any correlation ?? Although I save backups it doesn´t make sens to recover because the work after the recovery moment cannot be braught back ??

Hope you can help

Best Answer

• Paul NewcomePaul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I have seen it before where one user can accidentally "overwrite" another user.

If you and I are entering data into the same row not realizing that the other is also there, whoever saves first will lose their data.

Answers

Did you check the cell history?

Are multiple users entering data into the sheet at the same time?

• Hi Paul,

yes, there is no entry in the cell history according deletion and yes, we have multiple user

Accepted Answer

I have seen it before where one user can accidentally "overwrite" another user.

If you and I are entering data into the same row not realizing that the other is also there, whoever saves first will lose their data.

• Hi Paul,

the chance that 2 people work at the same incident at the same time is almost 0% here.

So, even though my colleague did enter data and I overwrite them or vice versa there has never been the situation that data disappear completely like it is here.

And why do I find no entry in in the cell history.

I guess we have to check off this as a single prolapse and forget ;-( - right ?!🤔