Auto Allocating A Person

Hi

I maybe asking a bit much here but, here goes.....

I want to be able to allocate a person to a task based on the Dept and Quarter No.

I have set up a File Review Allocations sheet that shows the number of file reviews required per year by Dept based on whether the reviewer is full time or part time (see last two columns in screen shot below):

Based on the quarter and dept, I want to take the Allocation person across to auto populate my management list (as per the below screen shot):

My absolute ideal solution would be to be able to populate right number of rows in the [Quarter File Review Allocated To] in the Management list to the corresponding number file reviews needed in that quarter based on the top sheet (File Review Allocations sheet) but, because of the split between PT and FT, I'm thinking this is optimistic?!

I was wondering whether to book a pro desk session to discuss with someone from Smartsheet but, I'm open to suggestions and may even be getting into the 'impossible' realms! 😊 I'm sure I'm reaching the real limit of what smartsheet can do at this point!!

TIA

Cheryl

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Cheryl Collins 

Please check the formula i prepared for you on "Annonymised Management List" sheet "Allocated" column if it's what you need.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Cheryl Collins

Hope you are fine, can we met at the zoom meeting to discuss your issue because i have many queries that need to be clarified and i need to be shared in your sheets to help you on this.

My Email: Bassam.k@mobilproject.it

PMP Certified

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Cheryl Collins
    Cheryl Collins ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Bassam.M Khalil

I suspected this may be the case as it's a bit complicated and appreciate difficult for people to understand when you aren't directly involved.

Happy to meet via Zoom, if you have the time I would be hugely appreciative. I will share the sheets in the meantime. Do you want to set up the meeting? I'm struggling today but I am free anytime tomorrow from 0800 - 1100 or 1300 - 1600 BST if any of these times suit you.

Thanks so much.

Cheryl

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Cheryl Collins 

I will be available tomorrow at any time between 13:00 and 15:00 BST, please send a zoom invitation.

PMP Certified

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Cheryl Collins 

Please check the formula i prepared for you on "Annonymised Management List" sheet "Allocated" column if it's what you need.

PMP Certified

• Cheryl Collins
    Cheryl Collins ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Bassam.M Khalil

Yes, that's perfect for the allocation. I will need to add another column to enable automated notifications, which is fine 😊

So, it's just if we can auto update the [Quarter File Review Allocated To] based on the number of files required for review on the File Review Allocations sheet? Is this the bit we need a zoom call on?

Thanks

Cheryl

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/22/21

Ok @Cheryl Collins

Will talk about the second issue on Zoom ( auto update the [Quarter File Review Allocated To] based on the number of files required for review on the File Review Allocations sheet)

My Mobile : +966 530 97 3300

PMP Certified

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!