Hiding Workspaces when sharing screen

I work with multiple companies. When I share my screen to review a project plan within SmartSheets, when navigating between sheets all my workspaces show in the upgraded UI. How do I set up a way to navigate between sheets without the client seeing all my other workspaces?

Answers

• Heather Duff
    Heather Duff ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Gregory Zalecki ,

You might consider creating a dashboard with a link widget (or multiple link widgets) and only display the links that are for that specific client. That way, there's no risk of showing any other clients' sheets, and you'll have all the links you need in one place!

Hope this helps.

Best,

Heather

• Gregory Zalecki
    Gregory Zalecki ✭✭✭✭

That's a great workaround.

• You might create aliases for each workspace, maintain an index to the aliases and then when you display during a video conference it won't matter if others see the workpace names. Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta...

This does not solve the related problem of exposing assets when doing real-time viewing of Smartsheet assets when working on Reports and selecting sheets etc... You need to turn off sharing, find the asset, then turn sharing back on. Sometimes it's a challange but it will protect from inadvertant display of proprietary/confidential data.