Copying Content from one Dashboard to another

I have a Dashboard that is shared with a LOT of people.

I decided to update the Dashboard, but before I made a copy of my original one.

I updated the copy, instead of the original Dashboard. Now I have an issue: redoing the work again in the original dashboard, or ask a lot of people to switch (not ideal). I didn't realize until I was done that I couldn't Save it as the original dashboard URL

What can I do? I search online and it seems impossible to copy and paste from one dashboard to another.

Thank you in advance

Answers

• Tana Rucker
    Tana Rucker Overachievers Alumni

Mireille, here are a few ideas for you.

1. Right-click your dashboard and click save as new, then rock and roll!
    2. When editing a dashboard, you have the ability to copy/paste a widget (thank you, Smartsheet!), which will work great in your case. However, in the event you have a number of widgets, this won't be ideal.
    3. Lastly, if you are able to publish your old dashboard, you can insert it into a new dashboard with the web content widget.

I hope this helps!

Tana Rucker

Charter Communications

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tanarucker/

• Thank you Tana, I was hoping for a way to copy and paste all the widgets from a new dashboard into an older dashboard. The reason is that the older dashboard URL is shared with a lot of people, so I wanted them to be able to keep all their bookmark. I should have made a copy of my old dashboard and continue updating the current version. I did the opposite :(