Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Resource Loading across projects

Robert Poddar
Robert Poddar ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hi, 

I have a situation wherein a developer is working across 3 projects, with his loading being:

1. Project1 - 50%

2. Project2 - 25%

3. Project3 - 25%

When i plan his task for Project1, i need to ensure that he is only 50% and accordingly the duration for the task needs to be calculated. Is there any method where i can acheive this? 

thanks 

Robert.

Comments

• ruiovaz
    ruiovaz ✭✭✭

Hi

If you have resourse management on, I think you can control what you want via the Allocation % column:

Hope it helps

Rui

Capture1.JPG

• Hi Ruiovaz, 

Thanks for your inputs. Can you please help to provide some more info on how to achieve this? In the Resource Management tab, i select "Allocation %". Should i create a new column "Allocated Bandwidth" and assign this column to the "Allocation %"?

Assuming that i mention 50% for a resource X, then when i enter the duration for a task as 1 day, does Smartsheet automatically change the duration to 2d?

thanks

Robert 

• ruiovaz
    ruiovaz ✭✭✭

Hi Robert

You can assign any numerical % column to "Allocation %" column. Smarsheet will show you, in the dialog that I sent you, the column(s) that are eligible to the role. You can call it whatever you want.

As far as I know, Smartsheet does not handle effort driven tasks. So task duration does not relate with resource allocation.

Smartsheet will alert you when a resource is allocated more then 100% in several tasks.

For more information please read this article

https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/1346969-resource-management-allocation-team-enterprise-only-#allocation

Hope this helps

Rui

This discussion has been closed.