Color problems with copying rows

Hey together,

we have a sheet (Gantt-view) where we manage Todo's and timelines (normal use cases).

We have copied the whole sheet as we want to use it for another brand as well.

Foreword: The problem I will describe now, just appears in the copied sheet not in the original one

Problem: If I copy one whole row - as you can see below - everything is copied except the color in the marked cell on the right side. I want to copy the color as well.

Question: Is there any reason why this color changes and is there any way to avoid that behavior? What am I missing?

Best regards

Max

Answers

• Hi. Sorry, I think just a little clarification is needed

You said: "We have copied the whole sheet as we want to use it for another brand as well." Do you mean you have saved as new or simply created a new blank smartsheet and copied the rows over?

You said: "If I copy one whole row - as you can see below - everything is copied except the color in the marked cell on the right side" Can you confirm how this colour is being generated on the original row?

My understanding here is that in the original sheet, if you copy the row, the colour is still there but in the new sheet, if you copy the row, the colour is lost?

Thanks

• Max_D.
    Max_D. ✭✭
    edited 04/27/21

Hi @Richard Castle,

good questions and thanks for the quick reaction. Here are the answers:

You said: "We have copied the whole sheet as we want to use it for another brand as well." Do you mean you have saved as new or simply created a new blank smartsheet and copied the rows over? => The first one. Our colleague has "saved as new".

You said: "If I copy one whole row - as you can see below - everything is copied except the color in the marked cell on the right side" Can you confirm how this colour is being generated on the original row? => Here you can see the behavior and the differences:

1. Original sheet

Color code on the right side is copied 1:1.

1. Copied sheet (via "save as new")

The color code is not copied.

I think that we miss something with format settings

Update:

I also tried adding the row above (instead of below) the original row and this is the result:

The original row is in the middle. The copied and pasted one above and below