Is there a way to update the mail domains for users associated in the workspaces.

Mark Kapsa
Mark Kapsa ✭✭✭
edited 04/27/21 in Smartsheet Basics

Our mail domain has changed. Right now people can access the workspaces and get notifications using the old mail domain. But, I am having users trying to connect using the new domain and I have to notify them to change to the old one. I also just found one user who logs into the system with his old domain address and it switches him to the new domain. I have several hundred users on the old domain and they are added from "My Smartsheet Contacts" of several administrators, they are also assigned to various tasks on the sheets and have access to the workspaces.

Answers

• Dale Murphy
    Dale Murphy ✭✭✭✭✭✭

SmartSheet Support can make this change for you (we have recently done it twice, having to change a few domains after some corporate changes).

Logging a ticket through the support process should prompt a contact.

Dale

• Hi @MarkDK

I would advise reaching out to your company's Smartsheet representative or Customer Success Manager, if you have one. They will be able to identify what requirements are needed to provide to Support, and if this is possible for your account.

Alternatively, you can adjust the email addresses associated with your users through the Admin Center (see: Admin Center: Combine Accounts with User Merge).

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now