Is there a phone number for Smartsheet Support - no response to 3 emails sent in the past 3 weeks

I have an issue with Alerts and it seems to be a Smartsheet issue as our IT company have triple checked its not an email issue but Smartsheet support is not coming back to me.

I am at the stage of having to move to another platform which is a total pain but hey ho

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Kenny Brock ,

Unfortunate that your experience hasn't been good. When I've need help the virtual Smartsheet support services have been very responsive.

As for a phone numbers, see below.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Kenny Brock

I hope you're well and safe!

Have you shared the issue here in the community?

I'd be happy to take a quick look.

Can you maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s)? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

@Genevieve P (tagged for urgency)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi @Kenny Brock

Would you be able to provide more information about the issue you're experiencing?

It would be helpful to see a screen capture of the set-up, along with a screen capture of the underlying sheet in Grid view (but please block out any sensitive data).

Here are two potential causes for an alert not sending as expected:

1. Sheet Automation Permissions

Can you check the Automation Permissions on this specific sheet:

Automations > Manage Workflows > Automation Permissions

You'll want to ensure that if you're sending alerts to users who aren't shared to the sheet, you have your Permissions set to "Unrestricted".

(See: Control Who Is Notified About Alerts and Requests)

If this is set to the proper Permissions for your sheet, then the next thing to check is your personal settings.

2. Personal Settings

Account > Personal Settings > Notification Preferences

You'll want to ensure that all of the checkboxes are checked, including the one that says "include my changes in sheet notifications". (See: Configure How You Receive Notifications from Smartsheet)

If both of these settings are correct, then try creating a clone of the workflow to see if this helps, or create a copy of the sheet as another test (in case there's an issue with the original sheet).

I see that you said your IT department confirmed there's no issue on their end. Can you confirm they've added all the associated domains from this Help Article to their allowlist?

Keep in mind that there are specific workflow limitations depending on what Plan Type you have as well. See the Daily Notification Limits here.

Let us know if any of the above has helped!

Thanks,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Ok finally found what the issue maybe - I went to clone the sheet and share it to you @Andrée Starå and it comes up saying I have reached the limit of emails my account can send!

• Is this a clever way of getting me to upgrade package? The limits article referred to above only suggests that there is a daily limit

• Hi @Kenny Brock

The limit is a daily limit (24hr limit) for the number of automated emails from within a plan per-day, depending on your plan-type.

Because of this, there is another test/troubleshooting step that we could try. Please go through your sheets and items to disable all workflows and pause sending out any email notifications for 24hours (perhaps on a day this weekend?).

Then once your account has paused any notifications for over 24hrs, re-enable your workflows and attempt to send @Andrée Starå the sheet again. This should re-set any potential limits that may have been reached. However, if you still get the error pictured above after waiting 24-hours, please let me know.

Thank you!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Thanks - I've just gone ahead and upgraded our account and all is working.

Bit of a clever strategy to make us upgrade i guess :)