Dashboard-'All data filtered out' message: Is there a way to apply a different UI for this error?

ygoldgrab
ygoldgrab ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there a way to apply a different UI when Dashboard widgets and reports are set on 'current user' and all data is filtered out? Please see dashboard below.

(We want give all our users the same dashboard which pulls their outstanding tasks filtered by current user )

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi @ygoldgrab

There currently isn't a way to display a custom message on Report widgets when there is no source data or when all data is filtered out; please let our Product team know about your feedback through this form, here.

In the meantime, you could add a text widget with a short description to help users know what the error message represents.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• ygoldgrab
    ygoldgrab ✭✭✭✭✭
  • David Dolch
    David Dolch ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a recent (horrible) change. I did not like the old way where it showed an empty report shell when there was no data. Now it shows this (poorly worded) error message.

The people who look at my dashboards are executives, not Smartsheet users. They do not understand that there is an underlying filter tied to their log in. Now they just call and tell me there is some sort of error in my dashboard.

Adding a explanatory text message is hardly a professional presentation solution.

• ygoldgrab
    ygoldgrab ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

The UI is fixed! I love it!

Thank you!