Vlookup person on other sheet, return reference if a date falls between 2 other dates

Options

Hi all,

I need help with the following:

I need to find the contract reference of a person from Sheet 1 in Sheet 2, based on the name of the person and when the mission took place. As you can see below, James had a mission on the 16th of April, so I need the contract reference that corresponds to that date, which would be contract SSA-0009766. Is there a way to do this? I've been working on some formulas but I'm not getting anywhere.

I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Julien

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/28/21 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @JDen 

Hope you are fine, please try the following formula and convert it to column format formula:

=JOIN(COLLECT({Contract Reference}, {Names}, Name@row, {Contract Effective Date}, <[Date Of Mission]@row, {Contract Expiration Date}, >[Date Of Mission]@row))

the following screenshots show the results:

Sheet 1

Sheet 2

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/28/21 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @JDen 

Hope you are fine, please try the following formula and convert it to column format formula:

=JOIN(COLLECT({Contract Reference}, {Names}, Name@row, {Contract Effective Date}, <[Date Of Mission]@row, {Contract Expiration Date}, >[Date Of Mission]@row))

the following screenshots show the results:

Sheet 1

Sheet 2

PMP Certified

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• JDen
    JDen ✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/28/21
    Options

Hi Bassam,

Many thanks for looking into this for me. It worked perfectly!!!

• JDen
    JDen ✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/29/21
    Options
  • Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@JDen

You are welcome and I will be happy to help you any time.

PMP Certified

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!