Automation: Alerts via Groups

Paul H
Paul H ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would like to target alerts in our change management system to groups, send to everyone shared to this sheet is what I currently use. I am finding if people receive to many alerts not relevant to them they start to ignore them.

Is there a trick to send alerts based on groups? So far I have found nothing

Answers

• Hello @Paul H,

At this time, it is not possible to send automated emails from Automation Workflows directly to Smartsheet Contact Groups, but you may submit an Enhancement Request via this form for our Product Team to consider for development. We appreciate your input!

As a possible solution, typically your organization's emailing software should have the ability to create a distribution list which can receive emails from Automation Workflows.

We typically communicate about new or improved features once they've been released. Depending on the nature of the changes, we announce through email, in-product messaging, or via announcements here at the Smartsheet Community.

I hope this helps!

Jaykel

• jcouncil
    jcouncil ✭✭✭✭

I am trying to have alerts send to a Microsoft 365 email group via email address Smartsheetsnotifications@mycompanydomain.com

The Office 365 group consists of several individual users, so I want all members to receive the alert from Smartsheet when is sends to that email address. Is this possible?