Global updates - not seeing all provisioned workspaces from the target blueprint

Hello,

I am attempting to update a column from a sheet from a toolkit belonging to a blueprint which has been used to create over 150 workspaces.

On the test and update screens I can only see ~30 sheets but I am expecting to see over 150 and I would like to know why and how could I update all the sheets from all the workspaces that have been created.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Answers

• Hi @Adrian Pastur

It looks like you're already working with our Support team on this, which is great. For anyone else interested in this subject, Support outlined the following reasons why a sheet may not appear for a Global Update:

1. The template to be updated is an optional template that was not created as a part of the project.

2. The original project template was deleted.

3. The Program Lead is not shared as an Admin to the project template. 

4. The template in the Blueprint source folder was replaced with a new template, even if it has the same name. 

5. A Blueprint was renamed. Projects created under the previous Blueprint name won't be recognized.

Related Help articles:

If the above points don't make sense for what you're seeing, please continue to work with Support on this, providing the additional information they requested.

Thank you,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Hi Genevieve,

Regarding the steps suggested by smartsheet support, I have updated my situation under each point:

1. The template to be updated is an optional template that was not created as a part of the project.

The template in question is not optional.

2. The original project template was deleted.

The original project template is still there and has not been modified. We were intending to modify it using the global updates.

3. The Program Lead is not shared as an Admin to the project template. 

The program lead is shared and admin to all of the workspaces in question.

4. The template in the Blueprint source folder was replaced with a new template, even if it has the same name. 

We were intendint to modify the template using the global updates feature.

5. A Blueprint was renamed. Projects created under the previous Blueprint name won't be recognized.

The blueprint was not renamed.

Could there be other things that may cause the global update feature to not identify all workspaces created from within

• Hi @Adrian Pastur

Thank you for clarifying for each of the points. Since the issue does not lie with one of the initial troubleshooting steps, please work with Support to identify what they cause may be.

Please respond back to their email with the following details:

• The information/details you've posted above, identifying that none of the points listed could be the cause of what you're seeing.
    • Screen captures of what you're seeing.
    • The sheet name where the column change was.
    • The name of the column being updated.
    • Other specific details you can provide pertaining to your Blueprint configuration.
    • Recent changes that may have been made either in Control Center or to the individual sheets that you feel may have had an impact on what you're seeing in Global Updates.

Since Support is a private channel you will be able to provide them with more sensitive information than what you should post in this public online forum.

Thanks,

Genevieve

• Adrian Pastur
    edited 05/10/21

Hi again, I have replied to the email although I'm not sure if I'm going to get a response replying to support?

With this post I was curious if this behaviour has been experienced by anyone else in the community/

• Hi @Adrian Pastur

Yes, if you Reply to the email sent to you from Support, it will keep the response in one place for our Support agents to review. Please make sure you are responding with all the details that Support requested.