Best way to track a challenge

I"m looking for advice and/or samples. I'd like to build sheets, reports, and dashboards to track the daily/weekly tasks for ~25 people. I want to send them the form to check off daily/weekly tasks. Each task will be worth points and I need to build each participant a personal dashboard that shows their progress with points, their overall goal vs actual, and who the current leader is in points.

I'd appreciate any advice, ideas, and any examples to build this project!

Thank you in advance!

Best Answer

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Andrea Westrich ,

I don't have an example for you. Sounds like a good project. Building it will be straight forward. You should be able to use a single sheet to track and score tasks. Do the tasks vary by person or week? Is someone assigning tasks? Those answers will determine how you structure your sheet. You could use a form or update request to generate input. If you have access to dynamic view it will make personal dashboards easier. Otherwise, save as new is quick. You could use automation to move old records to an archive sheet. I'm curious to see if someone has an example for you or if there's an existing template set that might work for you.

Good luck.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Andrea Westrich ,

I don't have an example for you. Sounds like a good project. Building it will be straight forward. You should be able to use a single sheet to track and score tasks. Do the tasks vary by person or week? Is someone assigning tasks? Those answers will determine how you structure your sheet. You could use a form or update request to generate input. If you have access to dynamic view it will make personal dashboards easier. Otherwise, save as new is quick. You could use automation to move old records to an archive sheet. I'm curious to see if someone has an example for you or if there's an existing template set that might work for you.

Good luck.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Andrea Westrich
    Andrea Westrich ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you @Mark Cronk. You gave me enough to test some things and find a solution! I appreciate that you reached out!