How do I automatically capture the date a dashboard was last updated?

Hey there,

Is there a way to automatically record the most recent date a dashboard was changed? There are several widgets that are present, such as Reports, Rich Text, etc. I have highlighted the area where I'd like to indicate this change.

Many thanks, in advance.

Best Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Mohamed Ali ,

I don't think there's a way to do what you're asking - not easily. Your dashboard is dynamic so it's current as of the date viewed; except static widgets like titles and text. So what you're looking for is the last time a competent was modified. You could capture that for each sheet with a sheet summary field by finding the most recent modified (max)date in a modified system column. Then create a summary sheet report that pulls in those dates from all the underlying sheets used in your dashboard. Display the entire report or use a formula and metric widget to extract the most recent date.

Someone else may have a better idea.

Good luck.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Mohamed Ali

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Mark's excellent advice/answer.

• You could add a so-called helper sheet with a form and a summary section field that capture the latest date.
    • Add a link to the Dashboard that you submit when you make any changes
    • Add a metric widget that will show the information as needed

Make sense?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers