Auto-populate data from one sheet to another

The set-up: We have a Finance sheet that is entirely written over with fresh data once a week by an integration from an external data source. This data is pushed out to various locations based upon look-ups on those destination sheets.

Col 1: Client ID

Col 2: Client Name

Col 3: YTD Revenue

Col 4: YTD Profit

The problem: I have a new Sales Tracking sheet where I would like to tie the client ID from the Finance sheet to a list of sales people on a Sales look-up form. How do I get the Customer ID column from the Finance sheet to automatically populate to the Sales Tracking sheet so the vLook-up can work to pull in the sales contact?

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @John M Lee 

Hope you are fine, Please add a copy of your sheet or a screenshot (after removing or replacing any sensitive information). This will make it easier for me to provide the appropriate answer to your question.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Please see the image. The source sheet is All_Clients_SGP_Report which is populated by an integration from Tableau. My vLook-ups are on the SGP AVP Look-up sheet which captures the data for me to use on a calculator sheet that feeds a dashboard. Yes, a lot of pieces lined up.

Currently I have to copy the entire Customer ID column from the SGP Report and paste it into the SGP AVP look-up sheet to get my look-ups to refresh as clients are added. Any way to get the SGP AVP page to populate the Client ID column whenever it's refreshed on the All_Client_SGP_Report?

Note: The Last Month GP Rank column is selected on the SGP report but is not a factor in this, just happen to touch it when taking the screenshot.

• Hey @John M Lee,

You may want to consider looking into our Premium Application: DataMesh to automatically keep data consistent between two Sheets (ultimately populating new values from one sheet to another as it gets updated). I recommend reaching out to your System Admin to determine if this is included in your plan. If not, feel free to reach out to our Sales Team at sales@smartsheet.com in acquiring it.

I hope this helps!

Jaykel