Sum multi select column with @cell

Smartsheet newbie here. Having some trouble with this one..

I want to be able to sum a value on another sheet each time a value is entered into column B. Column B is a multi select drop down. I also don't want to reference the drop-down options in my formula. Instead, I want the formula to reference an @cell. Let's just say column B options are Apple, Pear, Banana, Peach, Kiwi

Value for cell B2 = Apple, Pear

Value for cell B3 = Apple, Banana

Value for cell B4 = Pear, Apple, Kiwi

The result should show as:

Apple = 3

Pear = 2

Banana = 1

Kiwi = 1

This is what I have...

SUMIFS({Sales Range 3}, {Offtake Lead Tracker Range 1}, HAS([2 - Assessment]@row, @cell))

Best Answer

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Kim,

I'm having terrible visualizing what you're after but if you're attempt is close try:

=SUMIFS({Sales Range 3}, {Offtake Lead Tracker Range 1}, HAS(@cell, [2 - Assessment]@row))

Your HAS syntax was reversed.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Kim,

I'm having terrible visualizing what you're after but if you're attempt is close try:

=SUMIFS({Sales Range 3}, {Offtake Lead Tracker Range 1}, HAS(@cell, [2 - Assessment]@row))

Your HAS syntax was reversed.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• It worked. thank you!!!

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Kim Bowie ,

Glad you found a solution. Please accept an answer to close the discussion. Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Mark