Add new dashboard, sheets and reports to Existing Projects

Options
JKremer
JKremer ✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

I have many existing project toolkits that I need to add a new Dashboard and several sheets and reports to. I have tried this multiple ways and have searched for many days in the Community for some answers with no solutions found.

Please tell me how I can add a new dashboard, sheets and reports to EXISTING projects. Any assistance is greatly appreciated

Tags:

Best Answer

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @JKremer

I hope you're well and safe!

Unfortunately, if you're not using the Premium Add-on, Control Center, it will be a manual task for each project, but there might be a way to make it easier.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• JKremer
    JKremer ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you for your response Andree.

We do have Control Center and that is what I am using.☺️

We have hundreds of projects that we have provisioned through Control Center. We updated our Blueprint to include a new dashboard and that dashboard requires multiple sheets and reports that it pulls from. So, we also have new sheets and reports.

I added the Dashboard, reports and sheets when I updated my Blueprint. I found some instructions that told me to make the Dashboard and sheets Optional - unselected. The reports default to Required and I have no other options.

Per the instructions given, I added a new template via the Control Center, and selected the sheets and dashboard, the reports were supposed to add during the process as they are required.

What happened is the sheets populated in the project folder and nothing else. I had to manually save as new for every report and the dashboard and am now working on updating all of the links. This process is taking about 45min to an hour for every project and I have 60 that I need to do.

I expected the Sheets would populate then the reports would populate and they all would link as expected based on what the instructions told me. But that did not happen. I really need to get this project completed but if I am going to have to manually do everything, not only will this take weeks but any time I need to update anything with the Dashboard package I will have to touch everything all over again and that is unacceptable.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I am curious that you feel Control Center would help with this so please tell me how that is. 😁

Joely Kremer

Smartsheet Administrator

• StephenOKeefe
    StephenOKeefe ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Joely Kremer @Andrée Starå Did you ever resolve this? I'm having the exact same challenge right now.