Hyperlink based on Condition

Hi, I have a dropdown of value, I want to make the First selected option from the dropdown as hyperlink automatically, the link is static means whenever I select the very first value it always points out the specific link for an example (www.google.com), Thanks!

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/11/21

Hi @SOC Compliance ,

I think you'll need a helper column and a lookup. Create a column [link] with a formula that looks up the dropdown value and returns the desired hyperlink. Your formula will be along the lines of =VLOOKUP([drop down]@row, {insert external table range}, 2, false). You'll need to create a lookup sheet that contains the dropdown values and the link associated with each, your external table range.

Someone may have another way to solve this for you.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• SOC Compliance
    SOC Compliance ✭✭✭
    edited 05/11/21

Hey @Mark Cronk , Thanks, I tried that but that does not copy the hyperlink, only the value associated with the hyperlink, Thanks!

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Good to know. Sorry I don't have another solution for you. Lots of creative people in the community. Maybe someone else will have an idea. Thanks for contributing to the Community.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.