Elevated permissions on single item in a shared workspace

Options
Sing C
Sing C ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a workspace with Viewer access shared to a defined group of users. Is there a way to give elevated permissions (e.g. Editor) to a single item in the workspace that they already have View access to?

When I try it, I get a message stating that the workspace permissions for the user will be changed. I just want to change the permissions on a single sheet.

Thanks,

Sing

Sing Chen

Process Architect, Ceridian

LinkedIn

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Sing Chen

Yes, it's possible to grant a higher access to one specific item in a Workspace instead of the entire Workspace! To do so, you will need to share that individual item a second time, to the same user.

Workspace Sharing will show an icon with people to indicate Workspace permissions. Individual Sheet permissions will show a sheet icon next to their name.

For example, in the image below I've shared Eric to my Workspace with Viewer permissions. Then I went to the sheet, opened the Share window, and typed his name in again to add him as a Collaborator with Editor permissions just on this one sheet.

It sounds like when you access the Sheet, you're attempting to change the user's current sharing permissions instead of adding them individually for a second time.

See: Share a Workspace

Let me know if this has worked for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Sing Chen

Yes, it's possible to grant a higher access to one specific item in a Workspace instead of the entire Workspace! To do so, you will need to share that individual item a second time, to the same user.

Workspace Sharing will show an icon with people to indicate Workspace permissions. Individual Sheet permissions will show a sheet icon next to their name.

For example, in the image below I've shared Eric to my Workspace with Viewer permissions. Then I went to the sheet, opened the Share window, and typed his name in again to add him as a Collaborator with Editor permissions just on this one sheet.

It sounds like when you access the Sheet, you're attempting to change the user's current sharing permissions instead of adding them individually for a second time.

See: Share a Workspace

Let me know if this has worked for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Sing C
    Sing C ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Genevieve P ,

Awesome, that worked!

I hadn't even thought to share a second time to the user with the elevated permissions but it works perfectly.

Thank you,

Sing

Sing Chen

Process Architect, Ceridian

LinkedIn

• Genevieve P.
    Options

No problem! I'm glad that worked for you. 🙂