This layout is incredibly frustrating, I can't see object names, is there anything to do about this?

Options
James Keuning
James Keuning ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 05/12/21 in Smartsheet Basics

I feel like something new is happening here, because I do not remember having this problem before.

I cannot see the name of my sheets, and I have to readjust columns EVERY TIME I refresh or open a new tab. Which I do all the time. Did I change something that made this happen? I've only been a smartsheet user for a few (several?) months so I am not 100% sure that it has not been like this, but it seems like I was having a really hard time yesterday. This is only on my laptop screen, it's not a problem on my external monitors.

We name our Smartsheet objects with the project name, and then the object description. And now the columns are too small.

It is so ANNOYING that I have to open the columns and that the setting does not stick. For me, Sharing, Owner, and Last Update are 90% not needed, but I need the Name every time.

Is there any way to configure this to fix it? I can think of four things that seem like configuration no-brainers and I am really scratching my head about why the solution is not more obvious to me.

Tags:

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Definitely report this to support. Smartsheet just updated their UI and I agree with you that the system should remember the width of the columns on the home screen. Let them know about your experience and see what they say. This is definitely not user-friendly.