Two messages for one update request

M_L
M_L ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello,

My question involves an Update Request .

The process is this: we request an update from a contact in a cell. That contact receives an email with a custom message in the 'customize message' field. The problem we’re having concerns that message. We would like the language that the person receives in the update request email to be different than the language that pulls up when they click on “Open Update Form.” Open Update Form does not open a form, just a new browser window where they can update the fields contained in the form.

Is it possible to change the message in the automation to say two different things? One message in the update request sent to the contact and another message in the “Open Update” webpage?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @mlanterman

No, the message you set as the Custom Message for the body of the email will be the same message that appears at the top of the Update Request form when you click on the button and open the form.

If you want extra text to appear in the Update Request form itself, you could set a Text/Number column in your sheet to contain additional instructions. Then if you Lock that column but include it in your request it will appear for the user to read through before completing the form, does that make sense? (See: Request fields that appear as read only). Your initial Custom Message from the email will still show at the very top, but this could be the first field in the form.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @mlanterman

No, the message you set as the Custom Message for the body of the email will be the same message that appears at the top of the Update Request form when you click on the button and open the form.

If you want extra text to appear in the Update Request form itself, you could set a Text/Number column in your sheet to contain additional instructions. Then if you Lock that column but include it in your request it will appear for the user to read through before completing the form, does that make sense? (See: Request fields that appear as read only). Your initial Custom Message from the email will still show at the very top, but this could be the first field in the form.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• M_L
    M_L ✭✭✭✭✭

Good morning @Genevieve P,

I suspected as much. Thank you for the workaround. I'll give it a try.

~Matt