Copying rows

I have an intake form that creates a new row in smartsheet for each submission. The intake form is used for our entire department, but when a certain box is selected, I have set up a workflow to copy the row into a team work effort sheet. I don't need all of the columns from the intake sheet on the work effort sheet, so I hid some of them. Everytime a row is copied over, new columns are created in the work effort sheet since some of those rows are hidden. Does anyone have a work around for this?

Best Answer

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Vanessa,

Interesting problem. Instead of copying rows to a new sheet, can you have the team work effort staff work from a report? You can generate a report displaying only the columns you need and only rows withthe certain box selected.

I didn't realize that hiding a column caused new columns to be created when a row is moved in. I would have expected it to populate the hidden rows.

Any help?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Vanessa,

Interesting problem. Instead of copying rows to a new sheet, can you have the team work effort staff work from a report? You can generate a report displaying only the columns you need and only rows withthe certain box selected.

I didn't realize that hiding a column caused new columns to be created when a row is moved in. I would have expected it to populate the hidden rows.

Any help?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Great idea Mark! Thank you so much. I will try that and see how it works for the team!

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck. Happy to help. Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Mark