Automated Update Requests Are Not Working

Hello,

I have been having a lot of trouble with my automated updated requests sending email notifications. I have created new ones and everything. Sometimes they will send and sometimes they won't.

The update request is created, however, I need it to trigger an email, which it does 30% of the time.

It is a simple automation so I am not sure what is going on. We probably send out about 15-20 of these a day.

I also know the requests have been created because I see it on the home screen of my login and beside that row, but no email to anyone who is listed as specific people

Any helpful ideas for me to look into here?

Thank you!

Answers

• Kimberly Loveless
    Kimberly Loveless ✭✭✭✭✭✭

It sounds like there might be some personal settings that the individuals have set. They are able to choose what type of notifications they receive. Here is a screen shot of what can be configured

• Thank you for sending, but I already looked and they are correct. The email notifications requesting the updates will get delivered sometimes, it is just hard to know.

• Hi @Hennessy HR

Is it possible that the workflow is only sending to specific people due to the sheet's workflow permissions? (See: Control Who Is Notified About Alerts and Requests)

Automation > Manage Workflows > Gear Icon

If this setting is correct, then the next thing to check is the Update Request log on the right side of the sheet. This will show you a list of all the rows where the workflow was successfully triggered, and who the row was sent to.

If this log shows that the rows actually have been sent out, but your users aren't receiving the email, please have them check their Spam folder and go through the steps in this Help Article: Issue: Email Not Received from Smartsheet

Let me know if any of this helped!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now