Automatically Send Form Daily

Andrea Westrich
Andrea Westrich ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 05/14/21 in Smartsheet Basics

Can you set up an automation that sends a form daily to use as a daily checklist?

Never mind, I don't think this will accomplish my goal of having a user check off daily tasks and tracking that data weekly/monthly.

Thanks

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You could send an update request with the columns you want completed. You could create a report for each person, or use dynamic view, that shows their incomplete tasks and let's them mark them complete. The report would fees your master for tracking all. Your could put the daily tasks in a form in a portal and have them complete the form each day. Still searching for ideas?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Andrea Westrich
    Andrea Westrich ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Mark Cronk I love your ideas! In my case some people have 10-15 daily tasks, is a line for each day and a column for each task the most efficient way to set this up?

What is a dynamic view that will allow them to mark tasks complete? How do I do that?

How would I put daily tasks in form and in a portal that they can complete?

It sounds great, how can I do these efficiently and knowing I want to report on stats from the master i.e. tasks completed this week, percent of tasks completed each week, etc.

Thanks for the great ideas.

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Columns for tasks and date with the person's record as the row. Same tasks every day for each person? If not you'll need a few more columns to flag tasks as required and perhaps a lookup sheet to support your assignment logic.

Dynamic view is a premium add on that allows you to adjust what the user sees based on a role. It can save you a lot of time creating multiple reports, filters and permissions. Sounds like your project is small enough to do without it.

You need to decide if you want people to enter status with a form, an update request or a filtered report that shows them just their tasks. Using forms means the person initiates the posting of their tasks. Using updates and/or reports means someone else has to load the person and day in your sheet. Both has pros and cons.

You can use a form for reporting. Each person would complete daily to enter their data into the main sheet. That's easy if everyone has the same or nearly the same tasks. Much harder if they're different.

Not enough here to really help you. Hope you get the idea and run with it.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.